Snorkeling is a fun way to see what lies beneath the surface of the water. Following these safety rules will help insure your trip to the beach is safe!
The most important thing you can do when you learn to snorkel or any other activity that involves water is learn to swim.
- Practice in shallow water.
- Learn how to use the equipment safely, including learning how to clear water from the snorkel and putting your mask on while you are treading water.
- Always check your equipment carefully before you get into the water.
- When you are snorkeling, stay aware of your surroundings and make sure you don't stray too far from shore.
- Pay attention to the weather. If storms develop, you need to get out of the water immediately.
- Do not snorkel alone.